Choosing your Wedding Photographer
Choosing your Wedding Photographer can be a tricky business, Most Wedding Photographers are a great, honest and friendly bunch that strive to exceed their clients expectations!
I've put together a small checklist which may help when your choosing your photographer.
1) Always meet your Wedding Photographer - you may like their work but do you like them?? Always meet at least 2 or 3 before you make your decision.
2) Are they insured? Wedding Photographers normally have Personal Liability and Personal Indemnity Insurance.
3) Do they have good quality backup equipment?
4) Make sure you have a contract with your Wedding Photographer - A contract is in both parties interest, it will help outline what you both expect.
5) Ask to see a full Wedding they have shot - not just the pictures they put online on their website.
6) If they offer Albums, they will normally bring one with them, if they don't, ask to see one.
7) Check to see if the images come on USB or DVD? Will you have an online gallery? Can guests order prints?
8) What happens if it rains? rain doesn't bother me, I carry half a dozen large umbrellas and rain can make for some great photos. Of course if you want to stay dry, its not a problem :O)
9) Do you visit the venue before the day? Yes, if I haven't shot at your venue before I will visit prior to your Wedding day to get a feel for the venue and meet the Wedding Coordinator.
10) Do you bring your own lighting? Absolutely! I love natural light but sometimes you using your lighting can give your photos that something extra, I use a mixture of flash and continuous lighting.
I hope you find this useful